Cleaning Glass Shower Doors

Tips for cleaning glass shower doors.

For those of you looking for an easy way to remove water marks and soap scum from your bathroom glass doors: use ERASER (white and blue) sponge. Wet the surface area and then scrub (not too hard), then go over with Windex.

By Delta from Mchenry IL

Read more ideas below.

Pressure Washer

If you have a pressure washer and the doors are easy to take off, you can try the pressure washer to clean the glass and the framing around the glass doors. I have done this with my sliding shower doors. Once you get them clean, you can put a coat of automotive car WAX, not polish, on the surface. It's another idea to tinker with. (12/29/2006)

By tryanything

Lemon Oil

I have always used lemon oil. I have my own cleaning business and this works great and they look like new.

Rain X

Once you have the glass really clean apply Rain X. Its the same stuff people use on their windshields. It works for me. (11/07/2007)

By Jub

Cleaning Glass Shower Doors

All of these suggestions sound great! I have a sliding glass shower door and there are white streaks all over it; it almost looks like soap scum residue. I don't think it's soap scum, though, because I have tried and tried to scrub it off, but it never comes off! I have tried CLR, Clorox, Lime-Away, and Tilex. None of them work!

I'm going to try the vinegar and lemon methods. The lemon juice is just simple, normal, fruity lemons, right? Where would you get the lemon oil?

By Nancy

Lemon and Eraser Sponge

I tried the lemon and cleaning sponge and the Eraser. I found the best results was when I combined the 2 methods. The doors are now spotless and after much effort with glass cleaning products I have to strongly recommend the eraser and lemon methods. (02/01/2008)

By Troy

Lemon and Brillo Pad

Cut a lemon in half then cut the skin back a little so that it wont touch the glass. remove any seeds that you can see so they wont scratch the glass. Rub the lemon on the glass until the area is covered with the juice then buff the juice with a Brillo pad. Rinse with water and dry with a clean cloth. (03/10/2008)

By john

Rubbing Alcohol

I have been using rubbing alcohol and it works like a charm, just afraid it may harm the glass in the long run. Does anyone know if this is a bad idea, sure is inexpensive and works well. (04/22/2008)

By B Shell

GOOP Hand Cleaner

Try using the product called GOOP Hand Cleaner. It works better than all the other items mentioned. Use with a sponge and rinse with water. Works like magic! (07/22/2008)

By L. G.

Tekon Products

I use Tekon Products on my glass shower doors and they work real good. It keeps them clean for months at a time. (10/21/2008)

By Jack

Lemon and Magic Sponge

I tried the lemon and it worked great. I cut a lemon in half, rubbed the lemon directly on the glass and wiped with a magic sponge. I rinsed and only had a few spots to give extra elbow work to. I finished up by using Windex. Now I think I will try the RainX/ (08/06/2009)

By jsalehi

Glass shower enclosure.
Cleaning Glass Shower Doors
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Smiling woman cleaning a shower door
Cleaning Water Spots on Shower Doors
Soap Scum covered shower doors
Cleaning Stubborn Shower Doors