Cleaning Grease Buildup on a Gas Stove

I have an old O'Keefe and Merritt Gas Stove. It has a grill and boiler, I need to clean under the grill. How do I get rid of the old food build up? I also have the water heater next to the stove and it has built up grease, how do I get rid of that as well? Thank you in advance for your help.

Naomi from San Francisco, CA

Answers:

Cleaning Grease Buildup on a Gas Stove

If you find nothing else that works, try one of those portable steam cleaners with a long nose and brush at the end. I worked for a large rental department of a real estate company for a while and found tenants seldom cleaned very well. I tried all kinds of cleaners and chemicals, even TSP, tri-sodium-phosphate, very harsh and somewhat dangerous. The steamer did the trick and did not damage any thing else, good luck. (02/23/2009)

By Leo the repair guy

Greasy gas stove.
Cleaning Grease Buildup on a Gas Stove
Blue flame on gas stove burner
Cleaning the Burners on a Gas Stove
Pink and red daisies in a clear glass vase.
Cleaning Buildup Inside a Vase
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Gas Stove Burner
Repairing Gas Stove Burners
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 4:05:36 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.