Cleaning Hardwood Floors

Daily cleaning of hardwood floors can be a challenge, especially if you have pets. The best tool I have found for daily maintenance of my hardwood floors is a good vacuum cleaner. Mine has a low setting made for flat floors and it works well for pet hair, dust and paw prints. Make sure you let muddy paw prints dry before trying to vacuum.

Answers:

Request: Cleaning Hardwood Floors

What is the best way to clean hardwood floors? I have found that with cleaners like the Swiffer wetjet or Murphys oil soap and others leave a film and streaks whether I dry it with a cloth or let it dry naturally. I also tried to dilute the cleaners thinking I've used too much. Most of my main floor is hardwood and I miss the shine!

Loni

Answers:

Cleaning Hardwood Floors

Some of us just cannot get on our hands and knees any longer! I drop a terry cloth towel (now a cleaning cloth) onto the floor and step on it to rub the floor dry. No more sore body, just clean floors. (10/31/2006)

By hsorbits

Cleaning Hardwood Floors

Mr. Clean

I have polyurethane floors. My cleaning lady uses Mr. Clean to clean my floors. My floors never have a film or dull finish. They sparkle and shine. Read the back of the carton. You mix 1/4 cup of Mr. Clean with 1 gallon of water. I vacuum first with an Oreck vacuum cleaner. Then I use a soft mop and Mr. Clean. It turns out nice every time! (11/10/2006)

By michelle

Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Wooden floor being mopped
Cleaning and Preventing Streaks on Hardwood Floors
Hand wiping white residue off wooden floor
Cleaning Haze on Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄