Cleaning Home A/C Vents

What's a good way to clean the intake vent covers to my air conditioner? They are covered in dust and grime?

Pattibc777 from Houston, TX

Cleaning Home A/C Vents

Make sure the AC is off and vacuum the vents first. Use the little tools that has the brush on it and this will help get some off. Once you have this done, use Windex type of cleaner or just vinegar water and wipe them down between each groove. Make sure the AC doesn't come on while doing this or it will suck it up in there.

I'm guilty of not cleaning mine but once a year. I know it should be done more often but its in the ceiling and honestly the saying "Out of sight, Out of mind" is true. But if you can do better then me, then try to remember to vacuum it when you do the house every now and then. Makes it easier.

Oh, and if you will put a coat of furniture polish on it once clean, this does help it not be so bad the next go round.

Hope this helps!

By kattankerous

Cleaning Home A/C Vents
yellow jackets in a house
Getting Rid of Yellow Jackets in Your House
Black Hair Dryer
Cleaning Your Hair Dryer
Car Vent
Smells Coming From Car Vents
Rodent Trap
Rodent Odor in Walls and Vents