Cleaning Human Urine Stains and Odors from Carpet

Category Carpet
Baby on carpet.
Quick action makes it easier to clean urine stains and odors from carpet. This is a guide about cleaning human urine stains and odors from carpet.

If you're potty training your child or even a pet and they have an accident, immediately pour salt over the top. Watch the spot when you can see moisture on top of the pile of salt. Continue to add more salt until it remains dry on top. Leave for 10 minutes then vacuum up the salt. This draws all the moisture out of the carpet and eliminates any odor. Works great, I've used it many many times!

Source: I learned it from my Grandma

By Tiffanie from Tooele, UT

We are renting a house and someone thought it was a good idea to carpet a bathroom. Unfortunately, it is the bathroom most frequently used by my children, including a 6 year old boy. Needless to say, the bathroom is beginning to smell like a subway station! I have wiped down the toilet and the walls and steam cleaned the carpet, but it still stinks. I have looked up cleaning tips, but what can I use that would permeate the carpet?

Buy Nature's Remedy at a pet store. It works very well. Make sure you apply it to all parts of the toilet including the bolts and the grout around and behind the toilet. It can take two weeks to break down urine crystals so if it still smells after that you missed a spot and must apply again

Correction. The product is called Nature's Miracle

Anonymous

White vinegar

There is only one effective way to get rid of the smell from urine. Works on old smells as well as more recent ones. Works on urine of all sorts. The answer is hydrogen peroxide. I use it full strength. Pour it on soiled area. Let it set and voila! No more smell. The reason that this works best is because most products out there only mask the smell, but hydrogen peroxide kills the bacteria that causes the smell. Simple as that. You can also add it to your wash if it's on a blanket. And it's so inexpensive! It's in the first aid aisle. Repeat if necessary on older smells. I had great success on foam sofa cushions too.