Cleaning Ink From a Couch

My son wrote on my couch with a pen. What can I use to remove it without messing my couch up? The fabric is polyester.

By Naomi from TX

Cleaning Ink From a Couch

I had pink highlighter pen on my couch, so tried the official pen cleaning stuff that came with the couch (brown leather), Mortein insect spray, sunscreen, Mr Sheen, Spray and Wipe, spit and finally the mozzie spray, Aerogard worked. Be careful though it will eat through the leather if you are not careful (can't believe I use this on my two year old). (03/26/2010)

By Tara

Cleaning Ink From a Couch

Years ago I worked in a furniture store. With all the stains you get there the best we found was asking the cleaners! That is their business, they were great to keep us in small amounts of just the right cleaner for the correct stain. Ask your cleaner and see if they can help. (03/29/2010)

By latrtatr

Cleaning Ink From a Couch

Try hairspray. It's great for getting ink off fabric or leather. (03/30/2010)

By laura343

photo of brown leather couch
Removing Pen from Leather Furniture
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Woman hands using a upholstery attachment to wash a purple suede couch
Cleaning Pen Ink on a Suede Couch
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather