Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

How can I get ink out of my dryer? It's all over the dryer drum.

By Pam from Santa Cruz, CA

Answers:

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

This happened to me too when one of my sons left a pen in his pocket and it went through the wash. I decided to try an old tip I heard in nursing school for our white uniforms and it worked. It takes some time and there may be some staining to the dryer drum, but it does not come off onto your clothes.

Use rubbing alcohol on paper towels and keep rubbing on the ink and changing paper towels as they get inked up. Keep going until you don't get any ink on your paper towel. It's tough on your knees being on them while you do this so I also suggest some kind of padding to kneel on. I wish you good luck. (03/05/2010)

By LJD7988

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

Try hairspray. Hairspray dissolves pen ink on clothing. Then I would try rubbing alcohol and acetone (nail polish remover). Not at the same time. (03/05/2010)

By judijo19

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

The tip to remove ink using nail polish remover, hairspray, and the towels soaked in bleach worked. There was lots of elbow grease needed, but the inside of my dryer sparkles like new. (03/15/2010)

By Johnn90807

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄