Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I had an ink pen explode in dryer. I tried acetone last night, it helped but there is still light blue everywhere. Please help, it's a brand new dryer!

LISA from Tulsa, OK

Answers:

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I have a duet dryer and the fingernail polish remover worked wonderfully! I was able to get it gone before the hubby found it. Thank-you!!!! (06/08/2007)

By Sherry

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I was amazed when I used the magic eraser and nail polish remover to get the ink stain out of my brand new dryer. It worked great, my dryer looks great. Thanks for the tip. Just keep going the smell and headache are worth the end result. (07/18/2007)

By Jackie

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

OK, I would have never believed it. I simply sprayed Clorox Clean-up in my dryer and threw a few towels/rags into the dryer and ran it for about 15 min. I really didn't expect it to work that easily. Just in case I missed any ink, I sprayed one more time. Thanks so much for the idea! (08/02/2007)

By Debbie

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I used Joy dish soap and a pan scrubber, hard work but the ink is all gone! (08/20/2007)

By

Bleach works!

I soaked 4 bar mop towels I got earlier from Target in bleach and water (they are hand towel size) since they were already white. I ran the dryer on "low." I checked it in 15 minutes and the dryer was COMPLETELY CLEAN! I was so amazed that trick work. Best of all, there was NO ELBOW GREASE INVOLVED! Thank you to those who suggested the bleach and towel trick! We had a gel pen explode in the dryer yesterday. (10/24/2007)

By Cheryl

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

Using a cheap cologne (doesn't smell bad like bleach) and magic eraser works great! I just cleaned my drying for the second time in a year due to ink. I used this site the first time too. (11/20/2007)

By Jo

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

My son did the ink pen in the dryer too. Most of his school clothes were in there covered with ink as well as my 3 mo. old dryer drum. Non-acetone finger nail polish remover took it out of the dryer drum fairly easily. As for the clothes.... I SAVED THE CLOTHES! I couldn't believe it but I read on a site about a Biz boil. I boiled 1 item at a time in a large pot on my stove. Dissolve 1 cup of Biz laundry additive in the pot as it starts to boil and add the item of clothing. I did spray them with Spray n Wash right before dropping them in the water. The ink changed colors and disappeared! Some took up to 45 mins but it's worth the wait.

I put them in the washer after the boil and washed with Tide and Biz. I got the ink out of 4 Hollister shirts that had white collars with white and colored stripes on the body AND 3 pairs of tan Polo pants. Try this before you toss the clothes! It works! These clothes were covered with hundreds of ink spots! (01/15/2008)

By Dawn

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I used an orange-based product called Orange Blast that worked great! Sprayed it on and wiped with a rag and the ink came right off. And it's not flammable or odorous. My next load just smelled pleasantly of oranges. Not to mention- no noxious fumes while you shoulder deep in the dryer! You might try it. I'm just so glad I didn't have to buy a new dryer! BTW- It worked on the laundry too. (01/16/2008)

By Jennifer M.

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I tried the nail polish remover & it did not work, I tried the perfume & no luck there either. I finally tried the bleach/water on an old towel/rag & ran that in the dryer for about 30 mins. Wow! It worked! After that was done I wiped out the dryer with warm water & ran a few dryer sheets in the dryer for 10 mins. So glad I googled my problem & found these ideas. thanks! (02/14/2008)

By Wendy

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄