Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I need help removing ink from a dryer. I give high marks for the suggestion of nail polish remover and Mr Clean eraser pad. This combination with a little elbow grease is a winner! Thanks!

Source: Right form this site thanks!

By Dan from CT

Answers:

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

You can also use hairspray to remove most ink stains. Spray some onto a soft cloth or sponge and rub the stain away. About the same results as perfume, but without altering the smell of your dryer! (03/18/2008)

By Trisch

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

Thank you. I had a pen burst in my dryer. I first used a raspberry body spray and it took most of the ink out. I then used nail polish remover and its almost all gone. Your tips were wonderful. Be careful of fumes. (03/21/2008)

By s skaflestad

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

I spent several hours trying many different things before coming here. The perfume worked great. My Hubby wont like that his clothes smell like White Diamonds but hey after all it was his pen. My kids might mind though. I do suggest airing it out to help with the smell. I now have a headache. (04/17/2008)

By Amy

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

The same thing just happened to me! I left an ink pen in the wash then dried it. After reading some of the feedback I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser dipped in non-acetone fingernail polish and it worked great! I didn't think I'd ever get all that ink out but the combination of the Eraser and nail polish remover took the ink right off! I had the whole thing clean in less than an hour! Don't forget to unplug your dryer and stay away from other things that could ignite the fumes from the polish and use in a well ventilated area. (09/05/2008)

By Ramfire

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

The Magic Eraser and nail polish remover worked wonders! Thank you for the hint as my dryer is almost back to normal. My son however, is not back to normal at this time! (09/07/2008)

By Holly

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

OMG is right! The Off spray worked beyond belief. Off family bug spray removed the bulk of the ink from my dryer. I then soaked white cleaning towels in bleach and water and placed them in the dryer on high and my dryer is completely white again. I had tried Oxyclean, Clorox clean-up and nail polish remover and none of them worked like the Off spray. Thank you for the help! (09/13/2008)

By Mary Olsen

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I tried the bleach soaked towels which worked WONDERFULLY! What the bleach did not remove I was able to remove with OFF! and Magic Eraser. Thank you, thank you! My dryer is brand new and I didn't believe the ink would ever come out! Gotta to love your kids. (09/28/2008)

By

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

Ok, I tried everything listed here, only the white towels with bleach seem to help somewhat. I tried all the products nothing help. The bug spray made the ink run and stain more. I have a porcelain tub, not plastic. I then looked under my sink and found DEP foaming glass cleaner from Home Depot. This is what worked for me. Have a 3M sponge with the green side for scrubbing. Good luck to all. Keep the windows open. (09/28/2008)

By Kathy

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I used the bleach soaked towels for 30 minutes and it got the ink out no problem! Thanks you! (10/06/2008)

By CD

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I was skeptical but gave these hints a try. The bleach-soaked towels didn't do a thing, but the Magic Eraser and nail polish remover (after heating up the dryer for about 10 minutes) was AMAZING! It came right off. That was the easiest part of cleaning up after my husband left a pen in his pocket. If only the ink came out of the bedsheets, pillow cases, and his dress pants as well. (10/11/2008)

By Bridget B.

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

A scouring pad and rubbing alcohol seemed to work the best for me. (10/24/2008)

By Dave

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

Nail polish remover works great. I tried Goo Be Gone, Lighter fluid, elbow grease, etc. The nail polish took it out without scrubbing. Thank you! (10/29/2008)

By Linda H

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

I've tried everything that is listed, hairspray, booze, bleach, Magic Eraser, Kaboom Cleaner, Castrol Superclean. and the list goes on & on & on. The only thing that worked for me was the Acetone from a hardware store (cheap). Nail Polish Remover, at beauty saloon, not so cheap $$ (but the same stuff). Use small bits of rags or cotton pads for doing nails or cottons balls. change every couple of spots. GOOD LUCK, Dennis B. (10/29/2008)

By Dennis

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

When I woke up and saw the dryer covered in ink I panicked. However, a little searching, and after trying a magic eraser alone, then goo gone (it worked last time, but I heard the pen the last time before the dryer started getting too hot), 409, etc, I tried the Nail Polish remover and magic eraser. It worked. 10 minutes, little scrubbing. I'm slightly dizzy, but people who know me might say that all the time. $.59 for a bottle of nail polish remover vs. divorce? I'll take it! (11/03/2008)

By Mike M.

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄