Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

Help! I had a pen get loose in the dryer.

Citecr

Answers:

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

You may use Rubbing Alcohol. Use a rag or an old washcloth and pour a little bit of rubbing alcohol on it and start rubbing on the ink spot in your dryer. Repeat the process until done. Because of the fumes it is necessary to open your windows. you may have to work at it several time or you may get light headed. Once you have most ot the ink removed (you may not be able to remove all of it), overall if it is on the seals and joints... wait till the fumes are disipated then run your empty dryer on heat for one cycle. See if some of the ink is running or melting and wipe the dryer drum thoroughly, then run your dryer through another hot cycle, this time with an old light colored towel or rag. When the cycle is over you will then see if you have any residue on the towel or rag. It worked for me.

(06/11/2004)

By Mary F

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

My dryer had ink from a ballpoint pen all over the inside. I used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser dipped in non-acetone fingernail polish remover. It took 4 erasers and two bottles of polish remover. It worked, but the fumes are deadly. We had to move the dryer into the garage and open the garage door to get enough ventilation. Also, we had to wipe a bit, then walk away and take breaths of fresh air, then repeat that process for a couple of hours. After cleaning the ink out, we washed down the inside with water and Mr. Clean. After letting the inside dry out, I ran a load of clothing through last night and it is just fine now. (09/19/2006)

By Lynn

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

I used a old bottle of perfume - took me about 10 minutes. The alcohol in the perfume is what does it. (09/22/2006)

By Debbie

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

After reviewing the responses, I used perfume. It took me no more than 5 minutes to clean the whole drum. Thanks for saving me. (09/26/2006)

By

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

I used the perfume and it worked great, how did you get rid of the perfume scent? (01/25/2007)

By The Redmonds

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

I used the perfume and it definitely worked. Unfortunately I didn't check here first. I spent 1 1/2 hours scrubbing first. The perfume works and then I used alcohol to try to neutralize the perfume smell. It really didn't take the smell away and my son isn't going to like that his military fatigues smell like JLO perfume. (it was his pen) (04/10/2007)

By Shelley L

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

I used rubbing alcohol and then a wet towel to soak up the fumes and excess ink. Only took me 10 minutes or so. (04/14/2007)

By AJ

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

The perfume worked. It does matter which perfume you use. First I tried Avon soft musk. It wasn't working fast enough, so I went to my dresser and found Avon comfort scents(cheaper stuff) Holiday Kiss. It started to run immediately. The ink in my dryer was all over in it and had been used by the hubby with the ink in it a few times, which probably baked it on harder. Thanks for tips. (06/12/2007)

By Chris

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

A pen exploded in our new dryer and my husband used rubbing alcohol and a paper towel and the ink came right off with no problem. We ran an old wet towel in it to make sure there was no ink residue left and it helped eliminate the smell of the alcohol. (06/28/2007)

By Anonymous

Cleaning Ink out of Inside of the Dryer

Wow, that really worked! Old body spray - spray it on - walk away for a few minutes to not get asphyxiated and then go back in and wipe. I repeated until it was 80/20 and then added the rest of the perfume to a small wet handtowel and 'dried' on hot. Worked like a charm! thanks ya'll. Wasn't sure what I was going to do about that!

(09/27/2007)

By Anonymous

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄