Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning Lace Curtains

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Cleaning Lace Curtains

It is necessary to take some precautions when washing lace window dressings. This guide is about cleaning lace curtains.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Cleaning Lace Curtains

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best way to get my lace curtains white again! Can they be put through the washing machine or is hand washing recommended?

miz_macoo from Albany, Western Australia

RE: Cleaning Lace Curtains

I have read that you can wash lace curtains on the delicate cycle with 1/4 cup of Epsom salts. When the're done washing, remove them immediately and hang them up wet. (05/29/2006)

By luv2craft

RE: Cleaning Lace Curtains

Always wash on the delicate cycle and to help whiten them add a cup of white vinegar to the wash. My mom used to use this method with tablecloths as well. Always hang your curtains up wet, it saves on the delicate material and also helps in preventing wrinkles. (05/31/2006)

By Michelle

RE: Cleaning Lace Curtains

Soak in warm water in you washer with detergent and some Oxiclean. Later, run through and put Epsom salt in the rinse water. Hang immediately. The Epsom salts will give them some body/stiffness, like when they were new. And jmz2005 is right, they make your room smell so nice and clean. (06/01/2006)

By susanmajp

RE: Cleaning Lace Curtains

Add bluing to the rinse water, it really makes a big difference. It can be found in the laundry section of Safeway. Some stores seemed to have discontinued carrying it. It use to be a staple! (06/02/2006)

By Syd