Cleaning Laminate Cabinets

My kitchen cabinets are not made of wood. It looks like pressed fiberboard with a dark woodgrain laminated finish that has been heavily varnished supposedly so they would be easy to clean. I cannot get them clean--have tried vinegar, fantastik, windex, etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Betty from Slate Hill, NY

Answers:

Cleaning Laminate Cabinets

I have the same type of cabinets you've described. I use any type of cleaner I have on hand to do mine. But I think Windex is the best cleaner for any type of plastic. It doesn't leave a residue, and it leaves a shine.

You might look into TSP (tri sodium phosphate) if you're really stuck. Ask at Lowe's, the clerk will know what you need.

Have you tried scouring the really dirty places with a paste made of baking soda? You'd need to rinse and then I'd go back over with the Windex.

Don't forget you can paint those cupboards if you ever want to do that. You need special paint and you'll need to prime them. That is what I am considering doing with mine. (I hate them...lol)

Best of luck (03/26/2008)

By Carol in PA

Cleaning Laminate Cabinets

Hi! Saw your post for what to use to clean laminate cabinets. Have you tried Murphy's oil soap? This works really well. Either that or Simply Green. What ever is cheapest. Both work equally great. (03/26/2008)

By KAMERZ

Cleaning Laminate Cabinets
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 6:08:11 PM on 10.0.1.8 in 940 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.