Cleaning Laminate Wood Floors

We have just moved into our new home. The previous owners installed laminate hardwood flooring throughout the house. It is beautiful, but I am having difficulty with a white film and streaking. I use BONA, but I don't think this is working. Any ideas on what is best to clean these floors. Mind you, I have a huge house and most are hardwood floors.

By Johnna from Knoxville, TN

Cleaning Laminate Wood Floors

The best product I've found is "Orange Glo Hardwood Cleaner and Polish". You want to vacuum your floors first and use a mop with a microfiber cleaning pad, make sure that you wet the pad.

Okay here's the trick: Pour 1/2 of the Orange Glo into another container and keep for future use, then add warm water to the remaining 1/2 in the original bottle almost filling it. Shake and squirt on your floors and mop. Does a great job. (08/10/2009)

By mejb47

RE: Cleaning Laminate Wood Floors

Cleaning Laminate Wood Floors

We had laminate floors installed in all rooms except bathroom in our new home and moved in a little over 2 years ago. The only thing I use is vinegar and water and have been happy with that. My 10 year old grandchild spent the summer with me and had a habit of going barefoot inside, leaving footprints from natural oils in the skin. The vinegar solution does a great job of removing that too. The owner of a local flooring place recommended this to us. I wouldn't use any of the products on the market for my floors. (08/12/2009)

By karenIM

Cleaning Laminate Wood Floors

My cousin uses Swiffer (or dollar store brand) for hardwood floors. She swears by it and there's no liquid to seep into the joints. (08/12/2009)

By Shosha

Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Dog on Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Pet Urine Stains and Odors from Laminate Flooring
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring With a Steam Mop
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture