Cleaning Lime Deposits Off a Toilet

I have lime deposits on the inside of my toilet bowl which causes it to not work. How do I get rid of them?

TIA,
Lois

Answers:

Cleaning Lime Deposits Off a Toilet

I tried everything, as we were selling our house, including emptying the bowl and adding vinegar. I decided that I'd try the pumice stone as a last resort, only I wished I had tried it first. It can even be used wet so you don't have to empty the bowl first. I bought it at the Dollar store, put on some gloves and got the bowl clean in no time. It won't harm the bowl as it's fine, not rough. Whatever you try, good luck. (07/15/2007)

By Mikki

Cleaning Lime Deposits Off a Toilet

I have tried using pumice stones and it worked although it was a lot of work.
At Home Depot they sell a product called Zep, and it's just a acidic cleaner that you squirt on. When I used it I was shocked and amazed and will never use anything else, by far the best product out there. (07/15/2007)

By pomsarelv

Cleaning Lime Deposits Off a Toilet

Everyone say together: Spirit of Salts.
Pour two cups into the toilet bowl, close the lid and let sit for two hours. Flush and scrub as usual. Repeat if necessary. Ventilate very well.

I moved into a house with a toilet looking like the devil's backside; I had no hope of ever getting it clean. I used Spirit of Salts and it came out clean and sparkling as new.

Editor's Note: For us American's this is hydrochloric acid. This is very caustic so use with extreme care. (07/15/2007)

Cleaning Lime Deposits Off a Toilet

One cleaner that works well is "Lime-Away", just spray on and let sit, the longer the better, then scrub. It works great on shower heads too. (07/16/2007)

Toilet with lime deposits being cleaned with toilet brush
Cleaning Lime Deposits Off a Toilet
Toilet
Preventing Mineral Deposits in a Toilet
Using Lime Leaves
Using Lime Leaves
Shiney faucets and clean tub.
Cleaning Lime Stains from a Bathtub
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎉
🎄