Cleaning Marble

I have a white marble table top and it has both stains from food and marks from coffee cups and place mats. How do I remove them? Also, I need to know a safe inexpensive way to polish the marble.

Sandra from Brooklyn, NY

Answers:

Cleaning Marble

I feel I must tell you my horror story;

My mother-in-law left us a beautiful Italian (yes, imported) marble table when she died. We tried to be extremely careful, however, something caused cloudy spots to appear. I looked up anything and everything and tried several so-called gentle solutions. Not only did they not fix the problem, they tended to make it look worse! In desperation we went to a marble works company and they told us the only way to restore marble is to let a professional do it. I have to agree with him. Since we are on a fixed income we cannot get the work done for $500 + dollars! Instead, we have had to cover it with a tablecloth. (11/04/2006)

By hsorbits

Cleaning Marble

My horror story; I took my German Marble top cabinet to a German stone handling shop. They were unable to remove the stain and polishing did no good. Good luck (10/16/2008)

By 2oma

Cleaning Marble
Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Mark on a Marble Countertop
Cultured Marble
Finishing the Edge of a Cultured Marble Countertop
A marble spa tub and floor in a beautiful bathroom.
Cleaning a Marble Floor
Closeup of pink marble slab.
Removing Stains from Marble
🎄