Cleaning Microfiber Furniture

I have a microfiber couch, it is 2 months old. How do I get saw dust, grit, etc. out of it? I tired vacuuming it. No success. Any help would be appreciated.

By RachelleD from Fordoche, LA

Answers:

Cleaning Microfiber Furniture

I clean furniture as a side job and read somewhere to use Lysol disinfectant wipes on microfiber. I was a little nervous to try it, but it worked so great, on all stains! I used them on a couch of a family with young boys, there were food, ink, juice, and marker stains all over it. When I was done it looked brand new. Don't be afraid to rub hard in the really soiled areas. Also I used alcohol once on ink spots. The couch was not ruined in any way. It looked absolutely beautiful. The family couldn't believe it. Hope I could help! (06/14/2010)

By smooney

Cleaning Microfiber Furniture

I recently paid over 300 bucks to have three microfiber pieces cleaned. Two weeks later, my dog had licked himself silly and slobbered all over it. After some research, I decided to try to wash the entire cover in the washer. I figure it looked terrible already, how much worse could it get. Well after a fast tumble in the dryer (avoid shrinkage) they came out awesome. They smell a lot better as well. (07/18/2010)

By summermas

OK....I seldom do this, but I am wading in here. I have had a lazy-boy white microfibre couch and love seat for at least 6-7 years now. It is a good one with all cushion removable and reversible. For small stains/spills, etc. I got a cleaner by MagiSeal just called Fabric Care Multi-purpose Spot Remover from the Lazy-Boy store and I use if for everything, including ink! It is great!

As for when I want to clean the whole couch I do actually remove all the cushion covers and wash them on warm and I include OxyClean powder in with the soap. I dry them on low in the dryer. I have done this at least 4-5 times...usually once a year and they still come out looking like new.