Cleaning Mineral Deposits from Crystal Vases

Category Crystal
Two crystal vases
This is a guide about cleaning mineral deposits from vases. Stubborn mineral stains can be a challenge to remove from glass.

My crystal vases and crystal glasses that were left with water for more than a couple of days have mineral deposit rings where the water level was. I tried vinegar, but that did not work. Does anybody know how to clean these rings, possibly without using harsh chemicals?

Best Answer

I've used CLR in my crystal vases and it's removed all the discoloration and film.

Best Answer

I soak mine in an orange cleaner found at the dollar tree. It comes in a clear spray bottle with red writing and lists various items that it can be used on. After soaking, I scrub lightly with a very gentle steel wool pad. It works wonders compared to every thing else I have tried! Very little scrubbing involved.

Best Answer

Have heard that a tablet used for cleaning false teeth can be put in a vase (with water) - soak overnight.

Can anyone tell me how to clean water/mineral deposits from a vase? I have an antique bud vase - glass - that has deposits. I've tried vinegar thinking that if it works in irons and coffee machines it would work here, but it didn't.

All suggestions are welcome!

Judi in Orlando

Answers:

Cleaning Mineral Deposits From Vases

Judi, you might want to try denture cleaning tablets (the kind that fizz), and let it soak quite awhile. (01/14/2005)

By Luvyabye

Cleaning Mineral Deposits From Vases

Try wetting a paper towel with vinegar and then laying the towels over the lip of the vase, or where ever stains are. Leave on for an hour or two, this may have to be repeated. (01/14/2005)

By Trish in Tucson

Cleaning Mineral Deposits From Vases

If any of the soaking methods don't work try a bit of water and washing up liquid and a spoon or two of sand. Swish around gently. Keep pouring out and rinsing to check if its clean so you don't overdo it and scratch the glass.

Regards
(01/14/2005)

By Jo Bodey

Cleaning Mineral Deposits From Vases

A denture cleaning tablet and some hot (not boiling) water and soaking for a while like a previous poster stated, worked wonders for me in a similar situation when vinegar didn't work very well.

Tori (01/14/2005)

By truerblue

Cleaning Mineral Deposits From Vases

Pour in some Lime Away and let it really sit. (01/15/2005)

Cleaning Mineral Deposits From Vases

Judi,
Try putting aquarium gravel in with the vinegar. Swoosh it around until it removes the deposits.
Jack (07/11/2005)

By Jack

Cleaning Mineral Deposits From Vases

Try filling the vase with water and drop in a couple of Efferdent (denture cleaner) tablets. (05/27/2006)

By mhetz

Cleaning Mineral Deposits From Vases

Have you tried baking soda? It's not abrasive and might do the trick. (08/05/2007)

Cleaning Mineral Deposits From Vases

The Works toilet bowl cleaner, and also Lime Away product. Let it set if needed. (04/27/2008)

By larry

Cleaning Mineral Deposits From Vases

There is a product called "The Original Buddy" it's a mini scrubber that you drop into the vase - then control it from the outside with a patented magnetic handle.

You scrub out the entire inside then just pull the mini scrubber back out - make sense? For tough stains use Buddy with rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover. www.TheOriginalBuddy.com or go to Google and type "Vase Cleaner" (05/06/2008)

By VASE CLEANER