Cleaning Mold Stains on a Football Jersey

My grandson left a very, very expensive football jersey in his car for so long it got mold spots all over it. I can't bleach it even though it's white because all the lettering is black. I've used Spray n Wash, scrubbed it in with a brush, poured the laundry detergent straight on it and scrubbed with a brush, soaked it in detergent and vinegar, all to no avail. Help. This shirt is way too expensive to get rid of. I'm going to try baking soda next. Do I need to take it to a cleaners? Could they even help anyway?

Kathie from SeaTac, WA

Try OxiClean - that's what my dad always uses for really tough stains and it really works. The straight powder kind, not the stuff mixed with Spray and Wash. (11/19/2008)

By Mary

I would use Tilex, spray it on a toothbrush or small sponge and scrub, it will come right out, then rinse in lots of water. I swear by it and have used it on lots of things, it is the only stuff I have found that works. It is stronger than Clorox. (11/21/2008)

By Peggy

Even though the letters are black you can still bleach the jersey. (11/24/2008)

By Tami

Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
New Jersey Christmas Charities
sports ball ornaments
College Football Themed Christmas Tree
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Sports Jerseys
Making a Sports Jersey Quilt