Cleaning Money and Change

How do I clean money that went through hurricane Katrina?

Deanna from Pollock, LA

Answers:

Cleaning Money and Change

Try to exchange it at the bank. (12/08/2006)

By Val

Cleaning Money and Change

Vinegar will make your change shine. Bleach them to neutralize, then rinse them well with water. If more people did this our coins would be a lot safer to handle. :) (12/09/2006)

Cleaning Money and Change

Ever find a dollar bill left in some pocket that went through both washer and dryer? Ever seen a faded dollar bill? I'd simply place the bills AND coins in a net zippered bag, secure it with a safety pin, then soak them in the lavatory sink with a little dawn and bleach, then check them for cleanliness.

If needed, soak them for several days, but not too long because the metal might rust more. If rusty, I'd use rust remover on each coin and wipe with paper towels until clear, then wash in soap/water. All money is made to be tough, don't you think?

Good luck and God bless you. : ) (12/15/2006)

By Lynda

Cleaning Money and Change

I have a minor case of OCD, and I am so terrified of what is living on those bills and coins. I use dawn and bleach then I scrub them with a toothbrush, then let them soak in scrubbing bubbles. It works well. (01/15/2007)

Cleaning Money and Change
Quart of Oil, Rag and Funnel
Saving Money on Oil Changes
Loose Change on White Background
Finding Loose Change
Photo of lots of loose change.
Organizing Change
Brick Chimney
Saving Money on Chimney Cleaning
🎄