Cleaning Orange Glo Residue from Floors

Category Floors
Woman cleaning floor with orange spray bottle and rag
Orange Glo cleaner can unfortunately leave an unsightly, dull, waxy residue on your floors. This is a guide about cleaning Orange Glo residue from floors.

This is a guide about removing Orange Glo residue from laminate flooring. This cleaner can leave a film that can be a challenge to remove.

Kitchen With Laminate Flooring

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I have laminate flooring, the wider planks. My cleaning lady came in and cleaned the floor using wide strokes instead of going with the grain. It was streaked terribly.

I tried to correct it using my mop, but the floor felt like it had a buildup. By the time I stopped, the floor looked worse than when she did it. It now has what looks like scratches. We usually use Orange Glo. Any suggestions to correct this mess?

By Kathie from Clinton, UT

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Answers

Best Answer

I spent several hours using a steam mop to pull up the gummy reside which took forever to do a small space. I bought Out! Hard Surface Stain and Odor eliminator for pet stains. To my surprise it pulled up the residue from the Orange Glo. Spray and let it sit for a few minutes, you will see it come up. I scrubbed it right out! Larger areas done in less than a day.

Best Answer

As previously suggested, try the Lysol 4 in 1 cleaner. I used the general one, not the bathroom. Works like a charm! I suggest a warm water-vinegar mop to finish removing the residue. It will take several moppings/scrubbings to get it back to normal.

How can I safely remove the milky film on my Bruce hardwood flooring from Orange Glo?

By Sarah from Chapin, SC

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Anonymous

Okay on hard wood floors try using a strong mix at least 50/50 simply green and use a micro fiber cloth a little scrubbing and it comes up really well

I actually haven't had problems with `Orange Glo' except thinking it was probably time to strip and start over. While wondering how I should go about that, my schnauzilla had a wet accident, and lo n behold, the orange glo was stripped in that spot. Lol, after considering the properties of urine, the mix of ammonia and water should do the trick!

ps: If you're getting a milky look, you're applying too much , too thick. I use only an amount that I can mop quickly on a 4' to 8' square area. That is after I clean with a steam mop. The wood has a nice `glo', but is not extremely shiny like it was overly varnished. But, as with any waxy product, you occasionally have to strip and start over (especially if your schnauzilla goes wee wee and leaves a clean spot).

Anonymous

I got it!!! After many tries I discovered GOOF OFF. Spray or pour on, leave for about 30 seconds, rub with a towel and it pulls up all the Orange Glo junk!!!! So much easier than the many hours required with ammonia, windex, etc. Really works, finally!!!!!! GOOF OFF can be purchased at home depot, etc. Good luck :)

If you want to get "Orange Glo hardwood floor cleaner" off, use bug and tar remover. It's made to get bugs and tar off your car, but it dissolves the milky film. Just spray it on, rub it around with a damp sponge, wait a few minutes, then wipe away with a towel.

By Joe from Baltimore, MD

Answers:

Cleaning Orange Glo Residue From Floors

No, no, no, great way to destroy your floors. I have the same problem so I went to the professionals and asked both Lowe's and Home Depot and they told me to use Bruce Floor Cleaner. As soon as I said I have a grey haze they said Orange Glo? The haze is from wax build up. Over time the Bruce cleaner will remove all the build up and the floors will be new again. It's in a green spray bottle not with the other cleaners; it's in with the laminate wood floors section. They did say it's not an instant result, but over time it will work. (06/16/2009)

By linznac

We were also victims of the Orange Glo Hardwood floor fiasco! Our cleaning service used it on our foyer when our usual solution ran out. The waxy/oily/sticky smudge grew through the whole first floor. To give you an idea, 2200+ prefinished Bellawood Brazilian Cherry all covered with this stuff tracked by footsteps and attempts to remove it.

I tried the water/ammonia/water solution 3 equal parts and did not work so well. The Zep Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner did the job! It took new pads on the mops (Dickies), and 2 rounds of scrubbing. The floors still have minimal residue which I'm sure will be removed over the next few cleanings.

Other safe products for your wood floors are:

1. Zep for laminate and hardwood
2. Bruce hardwood and laminate floor cleaner

Both of these are $5 to $9 at Lowes and Home depot. Good luck, don't forget to get new mops before starting.

Source: This info is from our own experience, sweat and back ache. :)

By W. Rodriguez from Fayetteville, NC

Answers:

Cleaning Orange Glo Residue From Floors

I just cleaned 1,000 sq. ft. of oak flooring covered with an Orange Glo haze. I used a dish scrubber sponge and some Windex to get up most of the residue, and then used Method floor cleaner to clean up the last bit. My floors look beautiful again.

(03/27/2009)

By mamamona