Cleaning Outdoor Furniture Cushions

What can I use to clean my outdoor furniture cushions with? My cushions need to be cleaned and I was thinking about taking them to the Laundromat and using automatic dish washing detergent (as they have mold stains in the creases). Has anyone else done this, or do you have something that you use that works well?

Liz from New Baden, IL

Cleaning Outdoor Furniture Cushions

If cotton, I have no advice. If thicker threaded weave of vinyl, like mine, I used 1/2 bleach and 1/2 hot water then sprayed and brushed at same time, quickly rinsing. It had the beginnings of mold and dirt all over, but came perfectly clean when I rinsed it and let all cushions dry in sunlight. Good luck. God bless you.(01/16/2007)

By Lynda

Cleaning Outdoor Furniture Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Squirrel Outside
Squirrels Damaging Outdoor Furniture
Couch Cushions Being Cleaning
Cleaning Cushions
Outdoor wicker style chairs with fabric covered seat cushions.
Recovering Outdoor Furniture Cushions
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 25, 2016 at 11:20:13 AM on in 998 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.