Cleaning Outdoor Furniture Cushions

I just got out my lawn furniture and the cushions are so dirty. I tried so many different kinds of cleaners and nothing seems to work. Can someone please tell me what I can use? They look black, very awful.

Thanks in advance,
Angel from Newville, PA

Answers:

Cleaning Outdoor Furniture Cushions

Bleach and water. Spray on and let it sit awhile and spray off. Depending on the fabric, that is what dictates the strength of the bleach. We have a pool and no outdoor coverage, roofs, etc. Everything is out in the open and the trees make everything so dirty. The black you are seeing is either mildew or organic matter from outside debris. Only bleach will get rid of this, like putting chlorine in your pool. (05/09/2007)

Cleaning Outdoor Furniture Cushions

A product called Awesome, has worked on many different things for me, including mildew, test this first on a part that is not visible. Take a scrub brush and scrub it down good and rinse. There is nothing known that takes out mildew on cotton fabric. I had two wash cloths in a zip lock bag that I took shopping with two grands to wash their faces after eating, left them in the van several days in the hot summer heat and never found anything to take out the mildew. I am assuming mildew is what you are dealing with.

Most Dolllar stores and Everythings A Dollar stores carry Awesome and it can be mixed according to directions on the bottle, but most of the time I use it full strength on tough jobs.
I agree that bleach and water, half and half, with a scrub brush is also a good idea. If you are dealing with cloth and you find something to take out the mildew, please post it for all to use!

Good luck.
Martha in TN (05/11/2007)

By justmyimagination2002

Cleaning Outdoor Furniture Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Squirrel Outside
Squirrels Damaging Outdoor Furniture
Couch Cushions Being Cleaning
Cleaning Cushions
Outdoor wicker style chairs with fabric covered seat cushions.
Recovering Outdoor Furniture Cushions
🎉
🎄