Cleaning Oven Racks

How can I clean filthy oven racks without harsh chemicals?

By Teresa

Answers:

Cleaning Oven Racks

A good method of cleaning BBQ grills is to wipe them down with a sponge and ammonia. Then place the grill in a plastic bag with 1 cup of ammonia. Tightly close the bag and let set overnight. This is sure to work on an oven grill. Another is to saturate a towel with ammonia and lay it on the bottom of the [cold] oven floor. Let set overnight. Yes, it will open your sinuses in the am, but it works. (11/29/2009)

By Cajun62234

Cleaning Oven Racks

It takes a little work but I remove the top rack of my dishwasher and fit my oven and fridge racks in there. Oven racks sometimes takes 2 cycles with the dryer off but I have found it works very well instead of making such a mess trying to clean them in the sink. (12/02/2009)

By Grandma-ma

Cleaning Oven Racks

Spray the racks with oven cleaner, then put in a black garbage bag (black will hold the sun's heat) and place outside for a few hours. Hose them off, good as new! (12/02/2009)

By grandma2speedy

Cleaning Oven Racks

I lay ours down in the bathtub with hot soapy water all night and then IF anything is left on them the next day I take a SOS pad and finish cleaning them up. (12/02/2009)

By Paula Jo Carr

Brownies overflowing on oven rack and bottom
Cleaning Oven Racks
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
A rubber gloved hand cleaning oven racks with a pink sponge.
Using Ammonia for Cleaning Oven Racks
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Empty wood wine rack.
Uses for Wine Racks
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 2:23:45 PM on 10.0.0.134 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.