Cleaning Oven Racks

How can I clean filthy oven racks without harsh chemicals?

By Teresa

Answers:

Cleaning Oven Racks

A good method of cleaning BBQ grills is to wipe them down with a sponge and ammonia. Then place the grill in a plastic bag with 1 cup of ammonia. Tightly close the bag and let set overnight. This is sure to work on an oven grill. Another is to saturate a towel with ammonia and lay it on the bottom of the [cold] oven floor. Let set overnight. Yes, it will open your sinuses in the am, but it works. (11/29/2009)

By Cajun62234

Cleaning Oven Racks

It takes a little work but I remove the top rack of my dishwasher and fit my oven and fridge racks in there. Oven racks sometimes takes 2 cycles with the dryer off but I have found it works very well instead of making such a mess trying to clean them in the sink. (12/02/2009)

By Grandma-ma

Cleaning Oven Racks

Spray the racks with oven cleaner, then put in a black garbage bag (black will hold the sun's heat) and place outside for a few hours. Hose them off, good as new! (12/02/2009)

By grandma2speedy

Cleaning Oven Racks

I lay ours down in the bathtub with hot soapy water all night and then IF anything is left on them the next day I take a SOS pad and finish cleaning them up. (12/02/2009)

By Paula Jo Carr

Brownies overflowing on oven rack and bottom
Cleaning Oven Racks
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Unseasoned Dutch Oven
Seasoning a Dutch Oven
Empty wood wine rack.
Uses for Wine Racks
🎉
🎄