Cleaning Pans With Baked On Food

I am having a hard time removing baked-on food from a heavy weight baking sheet that I borrowed. Thanks for any help.

By NH veggie lover from Thornton, NH

Answers:

Cleaning Pans With Baked On Food

I sprinkle dishwasher detergent in the bottom (enough to cover bottom) then fill with warm water. Let it sit for several hours. Works great on glass baking pans or roasting pans. It loosens all the baked on food, then wash and rinse. (06/09/2009)

By Lou

Cleaning Pans With Baked On Food

Here's something that has always worked for me, no matter what the baked item is. If possible, fill the pan with very hot water, pour in a generous amount of baking soda. Let this sit for some time. If this is something that can be heated on the stove, keep it good and warm that way for awhile, but usually a good soak with plenty of soda will do the trick. On one occasion though, I did have to repeat the process, but it is still very inexpensive. (06/09/2009)

By LJF

Cleaning Pans With Baked On Food

I agree with both of the two previous posts.

This is not a cleaning tip, but it's something I do to help keep baking clean up at a minimum so it's for your future reference. Use aluminum foil as a liner whenever possible. The foil can also be reused as a drip pan liner or simply as a drip catcher on the bottom rack of your oven to help keep drippings at bay (I say on the bottom rack because I heard that someone once placed it on the bottom of the oven itself when there was just a little bit of previous drippings and they had a heck of a time getting the baked on foil off after a long bake time, hope that made sense). You can also reuse it by placing on the bottom of your charcoal BBQ grill for easy ash cleanup. And you can always loosely ball the used foil up and use as a scrubber. (06/09/2009)

By Deeli

Cleaning Pans With Baked On Food

You can put the pan in a plastic trash bag, pour some ammonia in, lay it in the yard in the hot sun for a few hours and then hose it off. Works every time, you may have to use a little bit of elbow grease, but not much. This works with BBQ grills, over racks, etc. (06/10/2009)

By HalfWhit

Cleaning Pans With Baked On Food

Use vinegar to soak the pan in overnight. Works very well. May just need a light second soaking, and scour the loose burnt bits off. (06/10/2009)

By SaritaW

Cleaning Pans With Baked On Food

One tip I'm not seeing here and has helped for me is filling the pan with hot water and putting in a used dryer sheet, let it soak overnight. I've used a piece of a new one in a pinch. Also when you use oil, especially spray oil, your pans will discolor with the heat. (06/10/2009)

By michawnpita

Baked On Food in Broiler Pan
Cleaning Baked On Food
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🎉
🎄