Cleaning Plastic Drinking Straws

Drinking straws can be a challenge to keep clean. This is a guide about cleaning plastic drinking straws.

An insulated cup with a reusable plastic drinking straw.

Small cotton ball at the end of straw with tip of skewer in photo.I love my insulated drinking glass and came up with this method for cleaning the straw. I take a small piece of cotton, wet it with hot soapy water and push it through with a kabob skewer. It keeps the tea stains out and I feel satisfied that the straw is clean. Small cotton ball at the end of straw with tip of skewer in photo. View of cotton ball after being pushed through the straw by the skewer.

By Betty from NC

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJune 18, 2013
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
A cupcake decorated as a vampire.
Making Vampire Cupcakes
Colorful Drinking Straws
Uses for Drinking Straws
Insulated Drinking Glass
Using Insulated Drinking Glasses
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 11, 2016 at 3:03:38 PM on 10.0.2.251 in 573 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.