Cleaning Plastic Outdoor Furniture

I have several of the plastic outside stackable chairs. Over the years they've gotten "dirty" looking even though they are not dirty. Any tips on cleaning these to get them back to looking nice? Mine are white or an off white color.

Carol from Anderson, IN

Answers:

Cleaning Plastic Outdoor Furniture

Try a Magic Eraser. Worked like a charm on my outdoor plastic furniture. (08/11/2006)

By Mary

Cleaning Plastic Outdoor Furniture

I hope this helps you. I used "Scrub Free" on my plastic furniture and it came out great. I rinsed it first then applied the Scrub Free to a brush and scrubbed. They came out really nice.

Have a good day.
Sherri (08/11/2006)

By Sherri

Cleaning Plastic Outdoor Furniture

If you can't get the yuck off, there are a lot of new paints just for plastic and they come in great colors. Depending on the quality of the chairs it may be cheaper to buy new than a lot of spray paint. But if cost isn't a problem and you really like the chairs I'd paint them. I have as much of a problem throwing out perfectly good stuff too.

Keep in mind that outdoor chairs are subject to the same kind of molds and oxidation cars parked outside are. Ask at the auto parts store what the campers are cleaned with. They sit in parks all summer and get tree sap and mold all over them. It's a different kind of plastic, but it may be worth the try. (08/11/2006)

By Carla B.

Cleaning Plastic Outdoor Furniture

I had the same problem with some chairs that I had and didn't know what to use so I took the chair out in the sun, washed it to make sure that it was as clean as I could get it with just some dish soap and water then sprayed it with some bleach water that I mixed in a spray bottle. I put a little more bleach in it than I usually would and just sprayed the heck out of it. It worked like a charm. I left it in the sun for a while after I rinsed it off and it looks new. Hope this helps. (08/11/2006)

By Brenda

Cleaning Plastic Outdoor Furniture

I use Oxi-clean. It works.

(08/14/2006)

Cleaning Plastic Outdoor Furniture

I washed with Dirtex first. Then sprayed with Lysol Tub and Tile cleaner. Brushed solution over chairs. Let set for five minutes. Sprayed with clear water. Good as new. (07/09/2007)

By Marsha

Cleaning Plastic Outdoor Furniture
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Hand holding a smoking cigarette.
Cleaning Nicotine from Wood Furniture
🎉
🎄