Cleaning Record Albums

What solution do you use to clean albums? I have the soft applicator but don't know what to put on it.

Carol from Fairview, TN

Cleaning Record Albums

I think it is anti static fluid from the record shop but otherwise plain old distilled water works. It doesn't have a charge as this will create more static.If records are very dirty wash with tepid water with a couple of drops of detergent and clean off with a soft cloth. (02/20/2006)

Cleaning Record Albums

I've used rubbing alcohol on CDs and on Vinyl in the past .. but I'm not sure if the alcohol would be damaging to the records. You could call a used record shop and ask what they'd suggest!

Good Luck!
Rebekah (02/21/2006)

By Madelynnsmama

Cleaning Record Albums
Making a Recycled Vinyl Record Tablet Holder
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Uses for Photo Albums
Alternative Uses for Photo Albums
Old Record Player
Uses for Old Record Players