StainsCleaning

Cleaning Red Hair Dye Stains from Counters

Vote for this contest contender!

I dyed my sister's hair red and I had to wash her hair in the kitchen sink so of course I got dye everywhere on our white cabinets, the kitchen sink, and on our counters. I went to this website looking for an answer, but I couldn't find anything that worked so I ended up making my own stuff.

What worked was mixing GermX hand sanitizer and baking soda in a bowl and using that for the white cabinets and the countertops and then using color safe shampoo (I used Tresemmé, but feel free to experiment with different brands) and mixing that with baking soda worked for our metal sink. And for cleaning of course you'll have to wipe off the counters, clean the sink, and sweep the floor because of the cabinets, but it's not that hard you just sweep it to the floor or into the sink and it doesn't hurt any of these surfaces. Sweeping up is also easy, it turns into a dust and it doesn't stick to the broom or the floor. I hope this helped; I'm happy to contribute.