Cleaning Refrigerator Lines and Water Reservoir

I need to find out if there is any way to clean (instead of replace) the lines and water reservoir in my "Whirlpool" refrigerator icemaker/water unit. Someone suggested vinegar, but I would like to know if there is anything to force [under pressure] the vinegar (or other cleaner) through the line and reservoir to make sure they are clean.

Answers:

Here's a link for a repair manual that mentions your problem. It was all I could find, but mentions clogged water lines. (weblink)http://www.appliance-repair.org/Diag/service_manuals/lesson_09/table_of_contents09_visible.html(/weblink)

Vinegar is a good unclogger and de-liming agent, but I don't know if you can get to the lines to force water through them.

Good luck.
Susan (07/29/2003)

By ThriftyFun

Try placing baking soda in the lines and then pouring in hot vinegar. I've used this in my sink drain and the combination creates a volcano effect. Since I don't know the logistics of the lines and water reservoir in your refrigerator (are they removable, for instance), this may not be a viable solution, but I thought it was worth a try.

Hope it helps! (08/07/2003)

By FlaKathy

View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Water Dispenser
Changing Your Refrigerator Water Filter
Refrigerator's Ice Maker
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Leaking Water
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
🎉
🎄