Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

How can I get the ring out of my toilets. I cannot use bleach because I have a septic tank.

My water leaves a ring if we don't use the toilet for a few days (in the bathrooms we don't use as often).

By Sandra

Answers:

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Go to http://www.vermontcountrystore.com and search on toilet ring eraser. It is a pumice-like ring eraser that will polish your porcelain toilet and get rid of even the most stubborn hard water stains. All you do is wet the stone and rub the ring to remove stains. It will not scratch your porcelain toilet bowl.
(03/11/2005)

By Marn

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Most stores carry "THE WORKS" for toilet bowls.
This is great stuff. We have a septic, too, and I use this all the time and have had NO problems with septic. Even our septic man uses The Works. (03/11/2005)

By Beth

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Use Limeaway Toilet bowl cleaner.

Hope this helps! (03/11/2005)

By Linda

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Try a pumice stick. I got mine at Wal-mart for under $2.00 where the toilet cleaning products are located. It removes the most stubborn of stains.

Tori (03/11/2005)

By truerblue

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

We, too, have a toilet we don't use daily. I've found that if I flush this toilet once a day. I don't get the build up. (03/12/2005)

By badwater

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Have you tried "Coca Cola"? Empty one liter, let it stand for a while, and brush as usual. I have also used Tang, let it stand for a good while and brush! (03/12/2005)

By Ana from Miami

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

I don't know how bad your ring is but I use plain old baking soda and a non scratch scrubby. That is for my toilet in our cottage, which we only get there every other month or so. (03/19/2005)

By toni k.

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Less than a gallon of bleach a month is okay in septic tanks. (07/05/2005)

By Plumber

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Wow, thanks for the pumice stone tip, worked awesome! (06/26/2006)

By Dave

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Pour in two cups of Spirit of Salts, close the toilet and let sit for two hours, then flush. Make sure you ventilate VERY WELL, it will take your breath away, literally! Your hardware store will sell Spirit of Salts. It will also remove grease from your driveway. (06/30/2006)

By Willem

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Spirit of Salts is not the same as epsom salts, it is a DANGEROUS CORROSIVE FLUID containing hydrochloric acid. One is advised to wear protective clothing (I didn't, but rather do as they say and not as I do), and ventilate very well. Even the fumes are toxic and highly dangerous. (07/03/2006)

By Willem

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

I use plastic screen pieces and they take off most rings. If they are really bad, use with baking soda. The plastic doesn't scratch the toilet bowl. (10/12/2006)

By sharon

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Plain old baking soda & a scrubber usually do it for me. ;] (02/14/2007)

By Emma

RE: Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

I tried almost everything on the market, but I couldn't get rid of those ugly rings. I heard pumice stone works well, and I gave it a try. Oh boy, awesome! And it was so easy. (03/23/2007)

By Ileen

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

My sister told me about shaws pads. We bought them on the internet. They worked great & still do. (08/06/2007)

By Ed

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Can't go wrong with shaws pads (shawspads.com)
What else do you need? (03/25/2008)

By Jackie

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

I used a pumice stone to remove the ring in the toilet and it worked wonderfully. (07/19/2008)

By Sandy

Photo of a woman cleaning a toilet.
Preventing and Cleaning Toilet Rings
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
Photo of a pumice stone.
Where Can I Buy a Pumice Stone?
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎄