Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

How do I remove the ring in the toilet? We have well water so our water is hard plus we have lime in our water.

By Linda from Dayton, OH

Answers:

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

I used a scouring pad and Bon Ami, which did a decent job of removing the water ring in my toilet, but still had a light brown ring. I followed Kathy's suggestion and got a pumice stone. It's called "pumie stick". I gently rubbed it on the area and poof it was gone. I found it in Lowe's and it was less than 3 dollars. (01/04/2010)

By edNY

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

I was going to suggest a pumice stone, too. It seems like it would scratch the bowl, but apparently the bowl is harder than the stone. I had a ring develop in one of our toilets, and no amount of regular scrubbing removed it. But with a pumice stone, the ring was gone in no time at all. Without chemicals! I found out about it watching that BBC show. I believe it's called "How Clean is Your House?" (01/04/2010)

By mrs.story

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

I removed the ring from our toilets by scrubbing it lightly with black fine grain sand paper and Comet. Now and then, I put an Efferdent denture tablet in the toilet and let it soak. (01/05/2010)

By Hate Litter

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Be sure to pour a bucket of water in the toilet, to lower the water level, before scrubbing, too. Then, when you're done, flush! My d/h taught me this trick years ago and now my boys do it too. We've used Comet and a scrubber and the cleanser can stick to the sides with the water out of the way. (01/09/2010)

By mom of towers

Photo of a woman cleaning a toilet.
Preventing and Cleaning Toilet Rings
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
Photo of a pumice stone.
Where Can I Buy a Pumice Stone?
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎄