Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

What causes a red ring in the toilet and how do you get it out?

By Linda from McKinney, TX

Answers:

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

I think it's a combination of hard water deposits and then the red mold grows on it and becomes embedded in it. I get it too.

Two things worked for me:

• The Works for Toilets (they make one for tube and tile too). $1.00 at the dollar store. Great product.
  • Barkeeper's Friend - sold by Comet and Ajax in grocery store. You can buy it at hardware stores, Walmart, etc. Again, worked great for me.

I use the disposable toilet wands that are roundish and click into the end of the toilet wand. I cannot for the life of me remember the name, but they're made by Clorox.

Before I used The Works, the Clorox wand wouldn't always work in both commodes. So after flushing away the Clorox solution and rinsing the wand really, really well, I used Barkeeper's Friend, scrubbed with the wand, and it went away completely, fast too, minimal scrubbing.

Good luck! (07/25/2010)

By metroplex

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

If your ring is a calcium/hard water deposit it won't scrub off easily. It will come off with a pumice stone which is basically a hunk of pumice in a rectangular shape. Scratch off the ring with the pumice stone and some water. Most hardware stores have them with the cleaning supplies. They will not scratch a porcelain toilet bowl. (07/28/2010)

By Lizzyanny

Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

Two or more denture cleaning tablets, let sit, brush, flush, and repeat as necessary.

Pat in Phoenix (07/29/2010)

By desertgal

Photo of a woman cleaning a toilet.
Preventing and Cleaning Toilet Rings
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
Photo of a pumice stone.
Where Can I Buy a Pumice Stone?
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎉
🎄