Cleaning Rubber Marks off Vinyl

I have a black rubber mark left on my vinyl floor from the fridge that I would like to remove. Any help would be welcome.

Kaye

Answers:

Cleaning Rubber Marks off Vinyl

Rub the marks with a baking soda paste on a soft cloth. They should come right up. I use this all the time on my new floor. The baking soda is very mild and will not scratch. (03/24/2001)

By kcohenvt

Cleaning Rubber Marks off Vinyl

I have used a small amount of lighter fluid on a damp rag to remove tar and heel marks from my vinyl floors. The lighter fluid will not harm your flooring. (03/26/2001)

By Andy

Cleaning Rubber Marks off Vinyl

This from a professional Cleaner: take any white rubber shoe and rub it on the mark it will rub it off as easily as the rubber mark was put there. (04/20/2004)

By Chris

Cleaning Rubber Marks off Vinyl

I've had good success with antibacterial hand gel and it hasn't affected any surface I tried it on. (12/11/2004)

By jeangnome46

Cleaning Rubber Marks off Vinyl

The white rubber shoe idea worked!! (12/10/2005)

By Elaine

Cleaning Rubber Marks off Vinyl

What we use at the Library is one of those rubber door stops. The kind that is shaped like a wedge and props a door open. Just rub it over the black mark. It should take it right off. (05/08/2006)

By Kathy

Scuffed Vinyl Flooring
Removing Scuffs from Vinyl Floors
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
🎄