Cleaning Silver Jewelry

I'm looking for a cheap and simple way to clean my jewelry (mostly silver). Does anyone have any brilliant ideas?

Delisha from London, England

Answers:

Cleaning Silver Jewelry

Regular tooth paste (not gel) is great at cleaning up light tarnish very quickly, just rub it in and polish with a soft cloth! (06/06/2006)

By camo_angels

Cleaning Silver Jewelry

Soaking in white vinegar works pretty good too. I like using the toothpaste on CZ gently using a soft toothbrush. (06/07/2006)

By PeggyLee

Cleaning Silver Jewelry

You can buy a rouge (sp? sounds like the stuff you put on cheeks to make them redder) cloth. Mine cost $4 from a jewelers store. All you do is rub the cloth on the silver and it polishes up right away! (06/07/2006)

By kathykl

Cleaning Silver Jewelry

Place some bicarbonate of soda and aluminum foil in a bowl of warm water and immerse for a few minutes. Will work for silver jewelery but I'm not sure for other metals or gems. Cleans all my silverware wonderfully and cheaply. The silver must touch the aluminum foil for the reaction to occur. (06/07/2006)

By K from Oz

Cleaning Silver Jewelry

The best thing I have found for cleaning silver jewelry is the alcohol you have in your medicine cabinet. If you wear glasses and have a cloth to clean them, they would help along with the alcohol. No need to soak the jewelry unless they are very dirty. Give it a try I think you will be surprised at how easy and clean it will get your jewelry. (06/07/2006)

By JILLSAVES