Cleaning Silver with MSG

I once heard that monosodium glutamate (MSG) can be used to clean and shine any pure stainless metal, like gold and silver.

My silver ring turned black after frequently washing my hands with sulfur soap. Or I don't know if having touched flour and baking soda contributed to the discoloration of my ring.

So, I tried the cleaning method. First, I placed a teaspoon of MSG in a piece of cloth then put my ring on it and rubbed the cloth with MSG against the ring for several times. Then I washed the ring and wiped it dry. And the process was indeed very effective!

Thanks for your information as this is one remedy that is new to me.

Home and Garden Cleaning JewelryJanuary 11, 2017
🍀
💘
You are viewing the mobile version of this page: View Desktop Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 4:28:08 PM on 10.0.0.202 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.