Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning Soap Scum Out of a Washing Machine

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Washing Machine

Some detergents can leave a layer of soap scum inside your washing machine. This is a guide about cleaning soap scum out of a washing machine.

Here are questions related to Cleaning Soap Scum Out of a Washing Machine.

Question: Removing Soap Scum from Washer Door

What cleaner can I use to remove soap scum from around the seal and the window of my front load washer?

By Kathy

Most Recent Answer

By Ree12711/21/2013

Have you tried baking soda, and/or scrubbing with a used dryer sheet? That might work.

Question: Cleaning a Washing Machine

What is the best method to remove soap/softener build up from the tub of a washing machine?

By David P.

Most Recent Answer

By Frugal Sunnie10/07/2011

I've always cleaned mine by running it through the cycles empty (no soap, no clothes), set on hottest water and heavy duty setting. You can also add a cup or two of vinegar the first time to break any 'suds lock'.

It's a good idea to do this as a habit at least twice a year (more if you do a lot of laundry, and especially if you tend to use too much soap) to clean the excess or build-up out of the washer and hoses.

Make sure you pull the hoses and check the wire filters at each end of the hoses for build-up, too, before running the machine through the cycles-no point cleaning the tub. Make sure you reseat the filters and hoses properly to avoid leaks.

Question: Soap Scum In Washing Machine

What should I do/use to remove soap film build-up in a top loading washing machine?

By David from Menomonee Falls, WI

Most Recent Answer

By Granny288902/10/2011

The removal tips are great. I'd like to add as a prevention that you leave the top up/open after each load. I've been doing this for years and have never had a problem with soap scum.

Question: Help Cleaning Soap Scum out of Washing Machine

I have a fairly new washing machine. The white plastic agitator and fabric softener dispenser are getting caked with soap scum. HELP! How can I get this goop off?

Sue A

Most Recent Answer

By tara9 (Guest Post)12/16/2006

If you don't have good luck with vinegar, ammonia or bleach (be very careful not to mix them) there is a cleaner called purewasher that is only sold at smellywasher.com / This cleaner will clean inside your washer and remove mildew or musty smell from towels and clothes. All you'll need is one tablespoon.

Solutions: Cleaning Soap Scum Out of a Washing Machine

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!