Cleaning Soiled Underwear

Underwear stains are typically something you want to treat prior to washing. There are a few different methods you can use that should work on most such stains. This is a guide about cleaning soiled underwear.

My mom is starting to soil her undies. How do I get out the feces and urine. I put tried bleach and water, then soaking and washing them in detergent but the smell of bleach is there. Any other suggestions would really help. Thank you.

Best Answer

You can use vinegar instead of fabric softener in the fabric softener dispenser place in your washer. This should remove all smells of bleach. I find the smell very irritating so when I wash my white handkerchiefs using bleach I am sure to use vinegar to remove the smell. Also, consider getting your mother something like depends.

Best Answer

Instead of using bleach, use hydrogen peroxide. Gets everything squeaky clean, no yellowing like bleach does, and best of all no bleach smell!

Try using 1/2 cup tide detergent, 1/2 cup borax, & 1 cup bleach in your washing machine with the machine filling with water. If possible dry items in the sun outside. I've been doing this for over 48 years & have never had a problem with any white clothes or even pastel womens panties not coming out impeccable clean (even with an occasional accident).

good luck.

I use a pet product that removes stains and odor - gives off nice scent. I think I am going to switch to the borax suggestions. I believe borax is cheaper than what I have been paying for.

Plain club soda is the best thing I have found to remove stains. Just soak the undies in the club soda and wash as usual.This product removes almost anything. Hope this helps. ~Janette~

Look in your supermarket laundry aisle for products sold in tubs that are used to whiten and brighten nappies. I always soak white bras, etc in them and they come out looking like new!

We have Napisan in Australia as well. However an inexpensive soaker which also works on soiled nappies is bi-carb soda ( baking soda) disoolved in hot water.

Thanks for the tips as my hubby has accidents sometimes. Sure appreciated.

Try crest tooth paste it honestly helps get an old tooth brush U don't use and just scrub the places that need it :)