Cleaning Soot From Bricks

I have black soot on the bricks surrounding my fireplace. I need to find a way to remove the black soot from the bricks of the fireplace outside the fireplace itself. Is there a soot remover? It's really ugly looking at my fireplace.

By Wendelle from Tucson, AZ

Answers:

Cleaning Soot From Bricks

Yes, there is a soot remover, but I didn't find it to be any better than 409. I spray a section and use a stiff brush to clean and then rinse with clear water in another spray bottle. I dab the moisture up with an old towel. It drys quickly anyway. (04/29/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Cleaning Soot From Bricks

I used Comet Cleanser and a stiff brush and a little water. It did an OK job, but not a perfect job. (05/06/2009)

By mulberry204