Cleaning Stained Bathroom Tile Grout

How do I clean grout in the bathroom? The grout lines between the tiles are going black. I don't want to keep using bleach.

Cate from Pt. Charlotte, FL

Answers:

Cleaning Stained Bathroom Tile Grout

I would guess that the "black" is mildew. Bleach is the best alternative. Mildew grows where it is damp, and once you have it, it is very difficult to totally eradicate. I have it on my ceiling, and it needs to be washed off with bleach periodically. It will be good for few months, and then it comes back.

You might try drying off the tiles after every shower. A bathroom fan to reduce overall humidity might help. Cleaning daily with vinegar after the mildew has been cleaned up might help, or maybe those daily shower cleaners that one sees advertised. (03/12/2009)

By louel53

Cleaning Stained Bathroom Tile Grout

I would try Tilex. If that doesn't work then Instagone would probably work. (03/13/2009)

By mmadi10699

Cleaning Stained Bathroom Tile Grout

After you get the grout clean, make sure it is dry and it must be SEALED. This will prevent staining. You can get grout sealer at any home supply store. Follow the directions on the bottle. (03/13/2009)

By lhegs

Cleaning Stained Bathroom Tile Grout
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
installing tile
Removing Grout From Tiles
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🎉
🎄