Browsing: Cleaning Stained CorningWare

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning Stained CorningWare

White Corning Ware dishes can easily get stained when foods are baked in them. Get your Corning Ware looking new again with these great cleaning tips. This is a guide about cleaning stained CorningWare.

A white CorningWare casserole dish.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 11, 2016 Flag

How to clean silverware stains on Corningware?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try scrubbing with a mixture of baking soda and water. It won't scratch and takes most stain off Corningware.

January 29, 2011 Flag

How do you get off cooked on grease from the new ceramic bakeware and off of Corningware bakeware? I do not use a cooking or baking spray on these, but the grease always seem to fly and bakes on the rim and the outside of the pans. I won't use the Corningware since my hubby thinks they should be spotless and I cannot get them clean!

Thanks.

By Mary from Hamilton, ON

Best Answer

Just a thought, I had the same thing happen to me and I soaked the dish in some hot water with laundry softener in it. I let it soak and after an hour, I was able to pretty much just wipe it away. I have also used Goo Gone and sometimes that works. Good luck!

Best Answer

Make a solution of powdered dishwasher detergent and hot water. Use a cup in a sink or dish pan, and soak the pan overnight. Use a nylon scrubby to remove the grease easily.

Best Answer

Soak in a sink with water and bleach several hours or overnight. I always clean my Corning Ware and Corelle dishes this way. Easy.

I tried the dishwasher soap and it worked great!

I may try some other ideas after I run out of the soap!

Thanks!

Read More Answers...

December 16, 2013 Flag

My dishes have marks from the silverware. I tried bleach but it didn't work. What can I do? I have had them for a long time and love to keep them white. Please help.

By Angela from Clovis, CA

Bar Keepers Friend.

How to clean marks from silverware?

September 14, 2007 Flag

How can I get the worn in food stains out of my White CorningWare Baking Dish.

Ruth from Harlingen, TX

Leave the dishes in the oven next time you run the self-cleaning oven cycle. My grandmother said that all the old stain was just a bit of powdery ash that blew away, and the dish was back to white again. If you don't have the self-cleaning feature, ask around your friends.

Try putting a Bounce Dryer Sheet in the dish and pour hot water over it. Let soak over night and should take the food

off of it. Works with pans, why not with Corning Ware?

It won't leave scratches on it.

Pat in GA

Corningware sells a cleaner for their casseroles, but it is a tad expensive. I have used baking soda paste and let it sit, then scrub with a plastic scrubber and rinse.

I let mine soak in plain non dilluted vinegar over night.

Read More Answers...

June 4, 2009 Flag

How do you get burned food off a porcelain baking pan?

By itsibits from Bakersfield, CA

Elbow grease. Seriously, soak over night in the sink filled hot,hot water, and a dishwasher tab (Electrosol, Cascade). If you dont use a dishwasher tab product, then add 1 cup baking soda and a few squirts of dish detergent.

In the morning, take a non-abrasive pot scrubber (Scotch Pad), and this is where the elbow grease comes in. With a little to no effort, you should be able to remove the offending burned bits. Rinse, and you're done.

Also, you could try spray on oven cleaner. Do a test area to see how long to leave it on for (10-20min), then with the pot scrubber,(wearing rubber gloves) gently scrub the burny bits. Good Luck

The best way to rid pots and pans of burnt on food is automatic dishwashing detergent. Boil some water either in the burnt pot/pan or in your case another pot and then pour it into the dish, add some of the detergent and leave over night to sit. There will be no scrubbing the next day. The burnt on mess comes off in one piece! Try it!

Old trick my father-in-law showed me was to put enough water in the pot or pan and add dish washing soap. Turn on burner or two, if a long baking pan, and boil the solution with a dash of vinegar. The baked on stuff comes off very easy after that. Takes no more than a half hour for the hardest baked food.

Place a bounce dryer sheet on the burnt part add a some water and let set over night. That should remove baked on foods. I have tried this with downy liquid too and it works.

Read More Answers...
    Home and Garden Cleaning DishesNovember 5, 2013
    "Stained Glass" Paper Crafts
    "Stained Glass" Paper Crafts
    Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
    Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
    Painting Over Stained Wood Door
    Painting Over Stained Wood
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 10:49:37 PM on 10.0.2.51 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.