Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning Stained CorningWare

White Corning Ware dishes can easily get stained when foods are baked in them. Get your Corning Ware looking new again with these great cleaning tips. This is a guide about cleaning stained CorningWare.

How do you get off cooked on grease from the new ceramic bakeware and off of Corningware bakeware? I do not use a cooking or baking spray on these, but the grease always seem to fly and bakes on the rim and the outside of the pans. I won't use the Corningware since my hubby thinks they should be spotless and I cannot get them clean!

Thanks.

By Mary from Hamilton, ON

Best Answer

Just a thought, I had the same thing happen to me and I soaked the dish in some hot water with laundry softener in it. I let it soak and after an hour, I was able to pretty much just wipe it away. I have also used Goo Gone and sometimes that works. Good luck!

Best Answer

Make a solution of powdered dishwasher detergent and hot water. Use a cup in a sink or dish pan, and soak the pan overnight. Use a nylon scrubby to remove the grease easily.

Best Answer

Soak in a sink with water and bleach several hours or overnight. I always clean my Corning Ware and Corelle dishes this way. Easy.

I use a wet magic eraser. Seen this tip on Pinterest. It works!!!

Marcie - you are so right! Also, thanks for my chuckle of the morning

Let him clean it!!!

you can also buy cookware cleaner

July 11, 2016 Flag

How to clean silverware stains on Corningware?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try scrubbing with a mixture of baking soda and water. It won't scratch and takes most stain off Corningware.

December 16, 2013 Flag

My dishes have marks from the silverware. I tried bleach but it didn't work. What can I do? I have had them for a long time and love to keep them white. Please help.

By Angela from Clovis, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Bar Keepers Friend.

How to clean marks from silverware?

September 14, 2007 Flag

How can I get the worn in food stains out of my White CorningWare Baking Dish.

Ruth from Harlingen, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have great results using soft scrub, just pour a small amount on spot , I use a sponge and wipe marks away. Good luck.

Maybe wet the spot and sprinkle some Coment cleanser. Let it set for a while and then rinse and see if the stain is gone. You might also try Bon Ami or Zud. You might also try corning's website to see if they have any care info there.

If your CorningWare is heavily stained, I've had great success putting the dish on the stove top and adding enough water to cover the stains. Boil the water and add a squirt of dishwasher detergent. When the water comes to a boil, add a small amount of chlorine bleach (a tablespoon or two depending on the size of the dish). Continue to boil until the stains are gone. This usually takes just a few minutes. If you have several small dishes, put all of them in a larger CorningWare dish and follow the same procedure.

To avoid the stains from stainless and silver ware, always use wooden or nylon spoons in these dishes. Saves a lot of work for you.

Leave the dishes in the oven next time you run the self-cleaning oven cycle. My grandmother said that all the old stain was just a bit of powdery ash that blew away, and the dish was back to white again. If you don't have the self-cleaning feature, ask around your friends.

Try putting a Bounce Dryer Sheet in the dish and pour hot water over it. Let soak over night and should take the food

off of it. Works with pans, why not with Corning Ware?

It won't leave scratches on it.

Pat in GA

Corningware sells a cleaner for their casseroles, but it is a tad expensive. I have used baking soda paste and let it sit, then scrub with a plastic scrubber and rinse.

I let mine soak in plain non dilluted vinegar over night.

How do you get burned food off a porcelain baking pan?

By itsibits from Bakersfield, CA

Bleach or baking soda should do the job, good luck.

Elbow grease. Seriously, soak over night in the sink filled hot,hot water, and a dishwasher tab (Electrosol, Cascade). If you dont use a dishwasher tab product, then add 1 cup baking soda and a few squirts of dish detergent.

In the morning, take a non-abrasive pot scrubber (Scotch Pad), and this is where the elbow grease comes in. With a little to no effort, you should be able to remove the offending burned bits. Rinse, and you're done.

Also, you could try spray on oven cleaner. Do a test area to see how long to leave it on for (10-20min), then with the pot scrubber,(wearing rubber gloves) gently scrub the burny bits. Good Luck

The best way to rid pots and pans of burnt on food is automatic dishwashing detergent. Boil some water either in the burnt pot/pan or in your case another pot and then pour it into the dish, add some of the detergent and leave over night to sit. There will be no scrubbing the next day. The burnt on mess comes off in one piece! Try it!

Old trick my father-in-law showed me was to put enough water in the pot or pan and add dish washing soap. Turn on burner or two, if a long baking pan, and boil the solution with a dash of vinegar. The baked on stuff comes off very easy after that. Takes no more than a half hour for the hardest baked food.

Place a bounce dryer sheet on the burnt part add a some water and let set over night. That should remove baked on foods. I have tried this with downy liquid too and it works.

Don't put a Corning Ware dish on a gas burner...it will explode!

September 20, 2014 Flag

I have some old plates with yellowing on the bottoms. I soaked in denture tabs it helped, but the stains are still there. Any ideas?

By Angela

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesNovember 5, 2013
"Stained Glass" Paper Crafts
"Stained Glass" Paper Crafts
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Stained Wood Door
Painting Over Stained Wood
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2017 at 2:19:38 AM on 10.0.2.86 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.