Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

Can anyone tell me how to clean my pots and pans that have burnt stains and gunk all over the bottom and sides. They are the stainless steel pans. I would like them to look like they did when I bought them. God Bless and have a very Merry Christmas.

Angelheart from Clyde, Texas

Answers:

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

I have Wolfgang Puck's stainless cookware and love it but have the occasional accidental burn. Usually I will put some water in the pot as we sit down to eat and then when I'm ready to clean up the kitchen after eating the only thing I usually have to use is a stainless steel scrubber that I bought at WalMart. Look by the sponges - it is a scrubber that looks like it is made of stainless steel itself, though I'm sure it's nylon. Very rarely do I have to use any cleaner other than plain old dishwashing soap. (12/19/2006)

By mef1957

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

Bar Keeper's Friend! Very cheap, very fast, and keeps MY Wolfgang Puck stainless looking BRAND NEW. (12/19/2006)

By Cindy

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

Try Greased Lightening, in the cleaning aisle of our local Wally mart (or other grocery, Home Depot store). For a really bad stain, rinse with hot water (I was always told it helps when polishing items, silver included) then lay down paper towels and douse with the cleaner, till nice and wet. P.S. Works good on grease stains and such on clothes. (12/19/2006)

By Michawn

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

Use equal amounts of salt and baking soda just just enough water to make it like a paste. Let it sit in the pans a few hours then clean it like usual. I use this to clean my oven. The chemicals of cleaning products make my heart race so I use this very inexpensive cleaning solutation. (12/19/2006)

By Ekathy june newborn.