Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

I want to say thank you to all that helped me with the cleaning of my stainless steel pans. Now I know how to clean the inside of my pans, but now can anyone tell me how to clean the baked on grease and grime on the outside of my pans. I would like to see them shine again and be grease free on the outside of the pans. God Bless all of you great people.

Angelheart from Clyde, TX

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

Spray with oven cleaner and let it sit overnight. Wash with hot water and soap. Repeat if necessary.
This is guaranteed to work. Please ventilate well and do not use on aluminum. Good luck from someone who had to learn the hard way. (01/08/2007)

By gurth

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

Try boiling vinegar in the pots. It's a bit messy, but very good. (10/24/2007)

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

I just found these tips in Woman's World Magazine:

1. Pour Club Soda in a warm pan - the bubbles loosen buildup.

2. Cut a lemon in half, and using the cut side, rub on the pan, grime comes off easily.

3. Soak a dryer sheet in a water-filled plan overnight to remove cooked-on food.

4. Fill pot with water and use a ball of aluminum foil to scrub away the caked-on food.

Here's one for glass pots:

• Plop 6 Alka-Seltzer tables in your glass pan filled with water. Let soak and rinse off. (03/27/2008)

By paulaf

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

Really burnt on gunk in the bottom like milk or blackened food can easily be cleaned out of stainless steel pots and pans by sprinkling baking soda in the bottom, covering with vinegar, let simmer with a little water for 5 minutes let cool, scrub out with a vinyl scrubby, takes no effort at all. Works fabulously. (04/10/2008)

By Christine

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

I own Saladmaster stainless steel pots and pans which I purchased 53 years ago and they still look and shine like brand new. When I got them they told me the easiest way to keep them looking like new. Sprinkle the rinsed pot with any kind of powdered cleanser. It really doesn't matter which one and then the secret is to use a paper towel, not a sponge or cloth, and then just rub until clean. I promise they will always shine like new. Today I just purchased a 16 piece set of stainless steel pots and pans as a wedding gift for my granddaughter and she is really excited about getting them. My daughter owns them also and her's are now 22 years old and still look like new. (04/28/2008)

By dsmickle7

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

Best ever for removing burnt food that won't come off: Sprinkle pan with powder dishwasher detergent, boil for a few minutes, let stand and Voila! (Don't forget that pan on the stove, no idea what would happen). (11/10/2008)

By Jo

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

Methods that failed:

• Boiling water in the pan.
  • Using lemon.
  • Soaking.

Method that worked:

• Stainless steel cleaner made by Lagostina. It cost $5.

By maalbaki

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

Don't trying boiling Bartenders friend to clean your pan. Turns out it seems to make a concentrated acid on the surface of the boiling water and it etches an almost black line around the wall of the pan. (09/18/2009)

By howieknight

A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
Pot with burnt residue on the left and the same pot cleaned on the right
Cleaning Burnt Sugar from a Stainless Steel Pot