Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

I have new Paula Deen stainless steel cookware with stainless interior. Specifically, the "butter melter" one quart pan is no longer beautiful. My husband heated soup in it and then stuck it in the sink. It looks dull and spotty on the inside now. What is the best way to restore good looks on the inside?

By Bluey from Laramie, WY

Answers:

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

If you can find in your grocery store a cleanser called CAMEO you may want to try it.
Made by Church and Dwight Co of Princeton, New Jersey.
It is a dry powder-type cleanser that works great on my metal things. We have well water and have to deal with mineral stains; this product is excellent for this, but I have a hard time finding it. When I find it in a store I get several canisters. I have only found it in Weis Markets (in the Northeast), and once in Home Depot (years ago). Good luck. (12/06/2009)

By Pinksa

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

I clean the inside of my stainless steel cookware with some salt and white vinegar. The salt acts as an abrasive and the vinegar removes dullness and spotting. (12/07/2009)

By MCW

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

I use Brillo or SOS pads on my stainless. (12/07/2009)

By MartyD

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

I don't know about this stainless cookware, but I have a few brands and buy some of this cleanser called: Barkeepers Friend or Bon ami. Use something that won't scratch fine plastic or non-stick. it needs to be gentile. These cleansers clean without scratching. Contrary to popular belief, you can scratch the surface of stainless, this causes things to stick more the next time. If you do it often enough, it can become so scratched, everything will stick.

Don't use S.O.S or Brillo, these will make fine scratches in the surface. Then you've ruined good cookware. I have Viking pots and skillets. I cook everything in them, they do not stick. So to keep the new surface of stainless, don't use anything that "will" scratch; Brillo, S.O.S and Scotch-brites will mar the surface. (12/09/2009)

By c t

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

When I get cooked on grease on my pans, I have a dish pan with dish soap and water softener in it. I just soak for a day or so, depending on the degree of grease, and use a pad or something like for non-stick. The dish thing I use and have used for years, is a cut up nylon bag for dedicates in the laundry. It's the kind with big holes. It does not fray or anything. I've used the one I have for over 10 years. It also don't scratch anything. The water softener cleans grease and crud really well. (12/09/2009)

By c t

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

Some of my stainless pans are over twenty years old. They look like new. I clean them with Easy Off oven cleaner. There is no other way as far as I am concerned. (12/09/2009)

By Ann

Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans

Thank you one and all. The baking soda worked great and with no abrasion. I will try the oven cleaner on one of my older pans. Merry Christmas. (12/10/2009)

By Bluey21

A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
Pot with burnt residue on the left and the same pot cleaned on the right
Cleaning Burnt Sugar from a Stainless Steel Pot
🎉
🎄