Cleaning Stains in Toilet

We have iron and sulfur in our water. Our toilet has a brown water ring at the water's edge. One time, when I cleaned the the toilet, I forgot to flush. Now it has a blue ring around the brown ring. I have tried different things with no success. Please help.

By Cindy I.

Best Answer

Slip on some cheap rubber gloves, grab a pumice stone, ( found in personal care area of stores like Walmart, which are used for removing calluses from feet), gently rub around the stained area, using a "throw away rag" to see when you have accomplished the job completely. This was told to me by a woman who had worked at a hotel, and it does not damage the toilet bowl.

Best Answer

I found that using a pumice stone really works. You can get them from the hardware store and it will not scratch the surface. Just gently scour the ring in the toilet and they disappear. The pumice will disintegrate slowly in the process. But they are not expensive and will not hurt the environment.

Best Answer

Yes, I just used the pumice stone the other day & it works when nothing else will!!! I bought mine (on a handle and made especially for that) at my local grocery store for $7.50. It wore down some, but I probably have 20 more uses out of it, at least. You can buy it at most hardware stores.

I had the same problem until I finally found a product called "The Works" disinfectant and toilet bowl cleaner. It's blue in color, is in a slanted top bottle so you can get up under the rim. Let it soak for a while and use the brush. It took a couple times to get the stains totally clean but it finally got them all.

Anonymous

I also recommend using a pumice stone. Besides hardware stores you can find them in the finger nail care isle at grocery stores and pharmacies too. Pumice stones are also ecologically friendly. :-)

Lysol toilet bowl cleaner without bleach works for me.

I use this stuff called the works on my toilet. I have hard water also and I just pour it in and let set for about 10 to 15 minutes and it works great. Hope that helps.

Christine