Cleaning Sticky Label Residue off My Jacket

I had a sticky label stuck on my jacket, and my housekeeper accidentally put the jacket in the wash without first removing the label. Now the white residue of the label remains on a dark colored jacket and I would like to know how to safely remove this sticky residue without harming the jacket. The jacket is made from synthetic wool.

Can anyone help?
Thanx Lynette from South Africa

Hi. Don't know if this product is available in your area or if it will work, but you might try Goo Gone. I got hot glue on a pair of good slacks and the white residue remain in spite of spot treating and washing. I put the Goo Gone on it and it disappeared, leaving no marks. Goo Gone is a product sold in the US to remove the sticky residue from stickers, tape, etc. (07/01/2004)

By bawooster

Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Mirror
Leather Jacket
Removing Sticky Residue from Name Tag on Leather Jacket
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Woman cleaning greasy frying pan.
Removing Sticky Grease Residue from Pans