Cleaning Sticky Residue on Silicone Bowl

I have a Prepology silicone bowl that recently became sticky around the top lip part of it. I'm not sure where the residue came from, but I have washed it by hand and also in the dishwasher and can not remove it. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

By Donna

I have had luck on sticky, oily, even baked on residues, with a thick paste of baking soda and dishwashing liquid; Dawn is a favorite but any kind will do. Play with your proportions to get the right ones for your task at hand. Will be messy, will require a bit of work. Rinse with hot water, then repeat if necessary. I have even had this work on vintage Corningware with years of baked on stains. Lots of work but still gentle on hands and utensils.

Try scrubbing it with a little baking soda and water. Make kind of a paste the baking soda will break down the grease and the grit will remove it and not hurt the bowl. :)

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJune 23, 2011
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Mirror
Leather Jacket
Removing Sticky Residue from Name Tag on Leather Jacket
Pink Silicone Cell Phone Case
Cleaning a Silicone Cell Phone Case
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film