Cleaning Stove Burners

I need info on how to clean the burners on my stove. They are solid, and possibly cast iron and are not removable. They have what appears to be rust on them (along with cooking detritus). I don't know if I can just scrub them with steel wool, or what. Any help would be appreciated

Answers:

Cleaning stove burners

I would contact an appliance parts store and see if they can order replacements for you. You would need the make, model and serial number so they can cross reference. It's worth a try! (12/15/2000)

By sydfred

Cleaning stove burners

Ammonia has always worked really well. (12/16/2000)

Cleaning stove burners

I have cleaned old and encrusted cast iron cookware by putting it the coals of my fireplace. It burns off the baked on grease and grime. I would try one as a sample. You could probably use your outdoor grill if you do not have a fireplace. Good Luck. (12/19/2000)

By lelbel

Cleaning Stove Burners

I have the same type of burners on my Jennair stove. I had no idea how to take care of them so I called the company. They said to use a damp plastic scrubber to get off any food or rust then heat to dry (treat them basically the same you would any other cast iron). They also sent me a jar of the conditioning agent for free. I would call the manufacturer and see if they have a product to send you or specific instructions to clean them. (06/20/2003)

By ThriftyFun

Cleaning stove burners

I noticed someone posted putting the burners in a plastic bag w/ammonia. BE VERY CAUTIOUS as ammonia can knock you out by just breathing it. Always dilute it w/water and never add anything else. This can be hazardous to you and your health. (11/06/2004)

By Joan

Cleaning Stove Burners

To get stove burners clean, boil for about 5 minutes in water with automatic dishwasher powder. Let cool and wipe.

(07/23/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Cleaning Stove Burners

I would like to thank who ever said to put stove burners in 1/4 cup ammonia and put in plastic bag and seal. I did this I put the bags outside and waited at least 4 or 5 hours then I soaked them for a while, the crud just peeled off and my burners look just great. (11/01/2009)

By ethela67

Cleaning Stove Burners

My stove has solid cast iron burners that can not be removed. I kept my burners looking new by wetting them, then covering them with baking soda. The soda absorbs the grime. I let it sit for about 30 minutes, then take a dishcloth to rub the soda in. It works like an abrasive, but is gentle. I then remove all the soda and I wipe my burners clean and dry them. My stove is stainless steel, so this also works to clean the stainless around the burners. My stove still looks new. (11/11/2009)

By Cajun Deb

Cleaning Electric Stove Burners
Cleaning Electric Stove Burners
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Electric Stove Burner
Electric Stove Burners Not Working
Blue flame on gas stove burner
Cleaning the Burners on a Gas Stove
Gas Stove Burner
Repairing Gas Stove Burners
🎉
🎄