Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

How do you remove food that is stuck to the bottom of a pot?

By Meryl

Answers:

Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (11/02/2009)

By kmcb59

Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

If the utensil does not have a non-stick coating, spray oven cleaner on it. Place cover on pot and let set for a while. It should clean it. (11/03/2009)

By Cajun62234

Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

Powdered dishwasher detergent and water - make a thick paste with detergent and water,cover stained area, and let pot sit overnight, then scrub. Or fill pot with water a little above the stained part, stir in 1/2 cup detergent powder, bring to a boil and simmer 10-15 minutes. Burnt on food will float to the top and/or scrape off easily. You can buy the detergent at the dollar store for this if you don't have a dishwasher. Brand El Cheapo works as well as the more expensive brands, but it must be powder, not gel. (11/04/2009)

By Omanana

Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

Cover the bottom with baking powder then add vinegar, will foam. Leave overnight with a lid on the pan, this has worked for me. Good luck. (11/05/2009)

By latrtatr

Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

Soaking in hot water with a little dish soap and Calgon water softener works every time for me. Soak for an hour or all night. Works great for soaking the oven drip trays, etc. I add Calgon water softener to the dishwasher and washing machine too, I wouldn't be without it. I never need anything else. (11/05/2009)

By CAKEDEC

Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

Try laying a dryer sheet in it and running hot water over it. Let it sit for a bit and just wipe it off. It never fails. (11/05/2009)

By soneal1027

Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

I add about 1/8 to 1/4 inch of water, and simmer or boil on the stove for a few minutes, until the bits are soft, then scrap with a plastic pancake turner. Drain everything out, let the pot or pan cool, then wash as usual. (11/07/2009)

By Carol L.

Cleaning Stuck Food Off Cookware
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Breakfast burnt and stuck to the bottom of a pan.
Cleaning Stuck Food Off Cookware
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎉
🎄