Cleaning Stuffed Animals

Stuffed Animals can be nice, but do get dusty. Years ago when my kids were small and had stuffed animals, I received this tip on an easy way to clean them & it works great. I since have passed this on for my kids to clean the grand kid's animals. Place the animal in a paper bag, add corn meal, and shake the bag for a minute or so. Let stand for several hours. Brush the corn meal off. This absorbs the oils and grease. Repeat if necessary.

Source: Tip: Received from a friend.

By Carolyn from Floral Park, NY

Cleaning Stuffed Animals

I put them in pillow cases, either zip or pin them shut and wash away. Any animals not meant for the washer are not meant to be in the house anyway (filler content). But be careful when drying them. Some stuffed toys have hair like furry, etc. Air dry those, the fibers will melt in the dryer. Found out the hard way as well as my winter coat had a hood with the similar fur on it. Melted like I had held a candle match to it! (11/25/2008)

By T&T Grandma

Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
Donating Used Stuffed Animals
Donating Used Stuffed Animals
Crochet Stuffed Animals
Making Crochet Stuffed Animals
Old stuffed bear sitting in front of a rainy window
Cleaning Mildew from a Stuffed Toy