Cleaning Stuffed Animals With Music Boxes

How do I clean 2 stuffed animals with music boxes inside without risking creating rusty parts? One has the music box in the head and when you pull the ring at the end of the scrunched up body, the music plays as the body scrunches back up toward the head. This one is 14 years old and in great shape except the heavy dust that has settled in the folds.

Delynn Tracy from Wixom, MI

I always threw them into the washing machine with the towels. They came out fine. The music still played. (04/25/2006)

By Loretta

Try 'scrubbing' them with cornmeal. Allow the cornmeal to stay on them overnight, then brush it off (I use a hairbrush). That should remove the dust and even some grime, without damaging the music box. (04/25/2006)

I would do the cornmeal thing and do it outside and hang up for a bit to air out and also lightly beat it like a rug. Oh i would then spray it with lysol. (04/26/2006)

By Meoowmom

Cleaning Stuffed Toys
Cleaning Stuffed Toys
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
Crochet Stuffed Animals
Making Crochet Stuffed Animals
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes